We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed all around us and indeed in our dental practice, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection Prevention and Control has always been a top priority for us and you hopefully will have seen this in previous visits. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
We want to remind you about the infection control procedures we observe in our practice to keep you and our staff safe and well. The team at Fitzwilliam Dental Practice follow the infection control recommendations contained in the Dental Council’s Code of Practice. We are monitoring the advice of the Council and other agencies to ensure that we remain current and aligned to best practice as new evidence emerges.
Our return to practice will incorporate a multi-layered protocol of protection for patients and staff relating to the Covid-19 virus. We have a suite of new measures and technologies in place to ensure a safe passage through as you attend for your dental care. We will adapt and change as the evidence base provides new information in relation to new approaches and developments internationally.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions which will be confirmed again when you are in the practice.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office and require you to have your temperature taken
- You will notice that we are limiting the use of our waiting area and you can feel safe in the knowledge that you are likely to be the only patient at any given time. It is therefore important that you attend on time and call us if delayed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that fewer options will be available for scheduling your appointment (with priority given to emergency cases). However, we regard your continuing care and oral health as most important and we will be in touch with you for timely follow-up.
- After treatment, we would greatly appreciate your cooperation by advising the practice if you subsequently develop any symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 over the next 2-7 days.
We very much look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our practice at 01-6614659 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and need your support more than ever. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr. Susan Kiely Principal Dentist
Dr. Ray McCarthy Principal Dentist